Wednesday, February 4, 2015

How Can I Afford Coffee?

So here’s the thing about blogs. I have always loved writing (okay, not always, but I have grown to like love it on my own terms), and I have always loved reading (this one’s true). I have so many blogs bookmarked on my computer I do not have room for them. I also have a lot of feelings. I have tried keeping a diary or journal quite a few times, and it has never stuck, probably because I hate writing on paper. Like many other generation Y’ers, technology rules all, and man do I love my technology (Apple, specifically; this girl loves her iPhone, iPad, and Macbook Pro). At the moment, I am a college student, so my brain moves at a million miles a minute, and writing using a pen and paper is just not fast enough for me. Also, my thoughts are almost always scrambled and when said out loud sound like a horrifying case of word vomit meets morphing two words into one. My life is currently hilarious. Just kidding.

So back to blogs. I’m not good at stuff like this. But I write a lot, mostly for school, and putting my words/thoughts/feelings on (electronic) paper makes me feel better, so here I am. Blogging. I would say I never saw this day coming, but the day I started crocheting for fun with my cousin I had a feeling this day would come. Also, my life as I know it is about to end in May (college graduation, crap) and I have no idea what I am going to be doing in this new life ahead of me. Sound familiar? So this is it. This is my new journey as I start to figure out how to navigate adulthood as a 20-something living in a city that is way too expensive for a teaching salary. How am I supposed to afford my coffee if when I am broke?

No comments:

Post a Comment